Monday, August 29, 2011

How useful are Tablets?

I may have been wrong. I've often opined that tablets aren't as useful as Netbook computers. The first few I used were underpowered and didn't have very much useful connectivity. To me they weren't computer replacements as much as they were paper tablet replacements.

Lately I've been using an Acer A500 Iconia Tab and it's a whole new ballgame. It has every feature I could ask for and more. Of course it has WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS like most of the newer tablets but it also has a dual core processor, front and rear cameras, HDMI out, a microSD slot and full sized USB. Last night I was using the A500 with a small stand, a Bluetooth keyboard and a Logitech wireless mouse. It looked and worked just like a Netbook computer.

Tablets are maturing very quickly and have become very useful tools, useful enough to replace Netbooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment