Monday, March 8, 2010

A real demise

In my life I've been a computer user group member many times. I've founded groups and enjoyed the incredible benefits of being a part of the user group community. I have many life long friends that I will hold dear to my heart forever. Without user groups I never would have met and exchanged ideas with Bill Gates, Dennis Hayes, and many other CEOs. I feel blessed to have been a part of that era, the growth of the industry.

I posted a note on Facebook tonight asking if user groups still exist. I am only involved with a small group now, my days as a President and founder of groups is behind me. Why? They are no longer needed.

Computers have become TV sets and refrigerators. They are appliances that don't need minute-by-minute support. It's what we have all hoped the industry would become.

We won the war, now it's time to rest on our laurels. Computer users today no longer need user groups.

1 comment: