Friday, April 22, 2011

Fruit power

There are times that I am in awe of the power of The Big Fruit Company. There is some strange mystic that they are able to create about their products that convince people they MUST buy the latest piece of iFruit. Is the iFruit better than any of the competitors? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

The Fruit Company is seldom the first maker of a product but they have a way of making consumers feel there is something magical about their products. There were MP3 players before the iPod and there are many competitors today that are as good or better than the Fruit versions. BUT everyone wants an iPod. There are many cell phones that are better than the iPhone (just about any Android) but people clamor for iPhones. Are Fruit laptops better than other Netbooks/Notebooks? Nope but people just gush over the latest Fruit computer.

I personally think it's a "status" thing for most of them. The same people who buy their clothes based on brand, their cars based on popularity and eat at the trendiest restaurants are all Fruit buyers. Me? I buy most of my clothes online or at WalMart, I drive a 2002 hand-me-down Hyundai and prefer my own cooking to a restaurant. I also use an Android phone and tablet (the Samsung Galaxy Tab) and love Gateway and Lenovo Netbooks and notebooks. If I want to listen to music my ancient Palm Tungsten T2 is still perfect.

I'm a meat eater, not a fruit gatherer.

No comments:

Post a Comment