Tuesday, August 2, 2011

IBM PC

We're approaching the birthday of the original IBM PC and I recently had a chat with one of the bleeding edge users who bought one many, many years ago for a massive amount of money. My brother, the renowned author David Hajdu (Google him if you don't believe me), had one and used it for a couple of years. We were chatting about the pitiful hardware and software (he would do a cut and paste, go to dinner and hope it was finished when he got back) that was the best-there-was at the time.

This afternoon I was driving back to Tennessee from Virginia and I was watching videos of my brother and his wife Karen Oberlin singing on Youtube while traveling on I-40 at 70-ish MPH. My oh my, how times change. Moore's Law is still in affect and I can't wait to see where the next few years take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment