Monday, October 1, 2012

Windows Gadgets

By Robert Sanborn
 
I am a fan of Windows 7 gadgets.  Had them on my desktop to give me the weather in five different cities to see how the family is doing, had one to give me a slide show of some of my favorite pictures, another to give me stock updates on my favorites, another was a process monitor to tell me when my computer was getting slow, dual clocks to tell me what time it is in Beijing, and a currency converter for my traveling overseas.  There are thousands of them out there. 

Unfortunately, I had to get rid of them all.  First of all, it seems that Microsoft has done away with the gadgets in Windows 8 coming out soon and to make things even worse, there is a serious bug in the software that propels those gadgets to allow your system to get corrupted by some of the above junk ware.  So go to the Microsoft support page and they will tell you how to remove them from the system and if they ever get it sorted out, they also have the Microsoft Fix It to re-enable them. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719662

No comments:

Post a Comment