Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday Insanity


We realize that Black Friday is a huge deal for retailers in the US but it seems to have gotten totally out of control. This morning my email inboxes were filled with dozens of Black Friday offers from eTailers and brick and mortar stores alike. Amazon and Walmart seemed to be the worst offenders, or the companies offering the best deals, depending on your perspective.

I remember back in an earlier life when I worked for the Federal Government I always volunteered to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Why did I do that you ask? For two reasons. First to avoid all of the crowds of people who went shopping on that day and second because every facility was down to a skeleton crew and that meant very little work was going to get done. It was like having a free day off with pay!

If you're a retailer then we wish you good luck today. May this day make your whole year profitable. But please leave me alone. I just want to have leftover turkey and pie and relax today. No shopping for me. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment