Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A day of frustration

This has been a frustrating day. It started out with a wasted trip to the AT&T store to correct some cell phone problems. The local store ended up being useless and I had to use their phone support to clear up what should have been a simple fix.

Then came the ultra-frustrating phone call. I have been working on a Netbook review and have encountered an unsolvable problem. The Netbook came pre-loaded with Phoenix FailSafe software and it nags to be installed (and have a paid subscription started). It can't be uninstalled and all of my research indicates that the only solution is to register the software and then end the service. The FailSafe company will then email you an uninstaller.

All well and good except for one thing... the freakin company has gone out of business and the system doesn't work any more!

I finally called Samsung support and spoke to a man who spoke an interesting variation on English. After explaining the problem several times he finally said he knew a solution, do a complete system restore, wiping out everything on the computer. Since there was nothing of value on the Netbook I went ahead and did it.

As I'm sure you can guess all I accomplisehed was to reload all of the crapware that comes on the PC including FailSafe!!! Thanks for nothing Samsung!

No comments:

Post a Comment