Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Boy, was I right

Once again one of my opinions has turned out to be dead-on. I have said for ages that Tablets aren't a hot hardware product, iPads are! The term iPad has definitely come to mean any tablet computer. How do I know? My two oldest grandkids are here for their summer vacation and they have confirmed my theory.

They are 7 and 5 but are both VERY tech savvy. They have been using computers of one kind or another since they were infants (a result of having me for a grandfather!!) and know what they're doing.

Since they've been here they have both been enjoying Android tablets, an Archos 10.1 and a Motorola XOOM, including getting new apps and using them like they've had one for years. However, they insist on calling them iPads!! When they go back home they'll tell their family and friends how much they enjoyed their time using an iPad. Except they've never used an iPad!!

I can picture my son buying them an iPad even though that's not what they really learned to love. The Fruit company must be overjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment