Monday, July 11, 2011

Delkin POS

Tim Ehrhard sent us this today:

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "review" per se, but considering I paid for the POS I'm about ready to throw some mud.

Bottom line, Delkin's PC-Express 54 adapter for CF Type-1 UDMA cards sucks. I'm pretty sure it, and everything like it, is hampered by some sort of secondary chipset that interferes with what should be a blazing transfer rate. It took 01:07:00 and 01:17:00 respectively to move the same 3.63 GB data bundle back and forth on a Lexar 300x 8 GB card. Time elapsed to move a 7.7 GB data bundle from a Sony a700 camera via a micro-USB/USB 2.0 cable into the Dell laptop? Oh about 6 minutes. Delkin is fired.

I just want something fast that's "built in" to the machine and doesn't have a whole mess of cables to deal with or little dongly thingys hanging around. Is this so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment