Sunday, May 20, 2012

Snapshot Cameras


Over the weekend I attended a dance recital for very young dancers. There were two things that I saw that really stood out for me. First was the young ladies dancing to Mickey Mouse’s Birthday Party, the same exact song my daughter danced to 28 years ago when she danced in her recital!

The second thing that caught my attention was the number of people taking snapshots and videos with large Tablet computers! I expected lots of Smartphones being used as snapshot cameras (that’s what I was using) but it really surprised me to see people holding up 8” and 10” Tablets to take videos.

To me it’s a sign of just how much Tablets have become an integral part of our everyday lives in a very short time. Phablets have replaced more than just Netbook computers, they’re also replacing desktop and laptop computers and both still and video cameras. And just think, MSFT missed this one by a mile. Just like they missed the internet explosion 15 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment