Monday, September 24, 2012

The Best Tech Support Story. Ever. Absolutly true.

By Bayle Emlein

There is a long build-up around why I keep dropping by this place on the far side of the city to reclaim a printer cable that was "borrowed for longer" when I picked up the rest of the equipment, but I'll save that story for later. 


When I reclaimed my cable (there a good bit of back and forth between us) and the borrower finally decided that she might need to go out and buy herself one so she could return the borrowed one. She asked what she needed to buy and I said "An A to B USB printer cable." There was more discussion about where to get them and whether or not printer cables are of a standard configuration. Now remember, this as a verbal-only exchange, as in phone tech support to some far away land. Her question to me was, "How do you spell USB?"

As far as I could ascertain, I kept a professional face and demeanor as I spelled it to her, slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment