Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Death of Print Publishing


We just heard the news that Time Warner has put their print publications on the market. Oh my, how times have changed. My brother, the world renowned author, once worked for Time, Inc., back in the days when people actually read and subscribed to magazines. That seems like a thousand years ago. And in the electronic age we’re in, it is.

There was a time in the not too distant past that I received a print publication in the mail just about every day. Not just newspapers, which I still read every day, but real glossy magazines. Today I don’t think I get a single print magazine subscription, other than the ones that I also get online.

Our ePub was once a print publication too but we haven’t used a dead tree to distribute information in many years. Times change and in the information age, times change very quickly.

Good luck Time, you’ll need it

No comments:

Post a Comment