Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Nomad ChargeKey

By Robert Sanborn

I have always loved the minimalist approach to traveling and how much gear I need to take with me and of course, nearly every time I do travel by air, I hear the announcement that would so and so please return somewhere to pick up something left behind. So when Nomad came out with an iPhone charge cable that was no bigger than a key; I had to take a look.

It is cool, and tiny, no more larger than a key that is a charging solution for my iPhone. Match that with my Lenmar mini charger and I might have a very compact travel charging solution for a short trip.

Longer trips will be another matter as I will also need a wall and car connector with me as well as definitely a longer charging cable. And speaking of charging cables; now with an iPhone 5S, it requires a different connector cable than did my old iPhone 4S and so if you look for an extra cable at say Best Buy, you will spend $15 for one.  So, on to Amazon. Found that I could buy three of the iPhone 5S charging cables from CR Trading (Hong Kong) for an incredible $3 including shipping. 
 Yes, it took a while for them to get here but they work just fine.

The Nomad ChargeKey is only 2.5mm thick and is the same size as a standard key.

The ChargeKey is available for both Apple Lightning cable devices and Android microUSB cable devices. Both are the same size and price. We’ve tried both versions on a number of smartphones from Samsung, LG and Motorola as well as Apple devices and they always worked perfectly.

www.hellonomad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment