Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pelican ProGear Review


By Robert Sanborn

I worry about my gear, especially when I am out in the elements and that is why my current iPhone 5S case of choice is the LifeProof.

But something else you might want to consider if you are not so weather adverse as I am would be the Pelican ProGear Protector Series for the iPhone. http://www.pelicanprogear.com/ if you want gear that is as rugged as you are, or want to be, they have an iPhone case that will take falls much better than you will.

The cases are made of advanced polymers that really give it some protection. The ProGear CE1150 Protector Series for the iPhone 5 not only has the tough chamfer design on the outside but also a soft elastomeric lining on the inside to cushion the phone and provide an excellent layer of protection. They even guarantee it for life.

While the glass on the phone is not protected, the casing wraps around it so the only risk would be a direct hit on the glass itself. It adds very little size to the phone and while they tout the smooth shell for easy sliding into a pocket or bag, my only complaint is that smooth shell also means easy sliding out of that pocket or bag. But I really do like the solid construction of the case and its shock absorbing capabilities.

Price is around $40.
www.pelicanprogear.com

No comments:

Post a Comment