Saturday, October 28, 2017

TYLT

By George Harding

This company designs and builds batteries and charging devices for electronic products. The company name gives you an idea if the innovative of its founder and employees. Its  icon has an upside-down Y, which I cannot replicate here, but it again shows the innovation tilt of the company.

I have had for several years and used regularly their Energi case. It is both a case for my iPhone and an external battery. The outside portion slips over the case and plugs into the energy charger link on the phone. The back of the charger has a button which turns on the charge function for the iPhone. It also shows the degree of charge remaining in the battery.

The charger knows when the iPhone’s battery is fully charged and stops further charging at this point. No worries about overcharging with this device!

The company provides a one-year warranty for the case and charger combination.

I recently upgraded my iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7. The TYLT case fit just fine, but the cutout on the back for the camera lens was  a bit smaller than the lens in the iPhone 7. Interestingly, the 40% coverage of the lens did not impact photographs and videos at all! I had expected photos to be truncated, but they came out normal size.

TYLT has a new version of case and charger with a wider window for the  camera lens.

I can recommend the Energi case and charger. I’ve used it for several years successfully, with satisfying results.

www.tylt.com
Price $50

No comments:

Post a Comment