Saturday, January 16, 2010

Win7 Starter

Some thoughts on MSFT Windows 7 Starter. I'm in the midst of reviewing a Gateway netbook computer that came pre-loaded with Win7 Starter Edition and I can't believe MSFT actually crippled the software this badly!! Netbooks all support multiple monitors (I know I use two of them on every netbook I test) unless they use Win7 Starter. That feature is turned off in Starter. As is the ability to change desktop backgrounds, colors, etc. The only thing you can change is resolution! WHY???? I've used netbooks with Linux and WinXP and have never had any unexpected performance problems. I'm not buying the argument netbooks are underpowered, I believe the problem is with MSFT, not netbook hardware! Here's a quick recommendation: do NOT buy a netbook with Win7 Starter! You'll regret it from day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment