Thursday, June 5, 2014

Apple WWDC = FUD


After reading all of the “news” from Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference I am reminded of the battleplan MSFT has used for years, FUD or Fear Uncertainty and Doubt. I expected more from the iFruit company but I guess I shouldn’t have.

The biggest news seems to be “just wait for our next version”. That is exactly the message that MSFT pushed for many, many years (and continues to push, BTW). It works for their preferred audience, their Fan Boyz and Gurlz.

From what I’ve seen Apple is promising that their next version of Mac OS will more closely integrate across platforms. And iOS will be able to some things it can’t do today.

I’ve got it. Someday soon Macs will be able to do some things that Android users have been able to do for years! Not all things, mind you, but some of them.

Gimme a break! I’ll stick with Android and Chrome and be a happy camper. Meanwhile, Apple will suck the blood out of their 10% of the market. I hope iFruit users will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment