Wednesday, August 20, 2014

5 Things That Android Phones Can Do That iPhones Can't


  1. VoLTE: T-Mobile is rapidly deploying Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) and HD voice sounds awesome on the Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One (M8). Apple tends to lag a generation behind in wireless technologies so if you want the latest and greatest that your carrier offers, then Android is probably the best platform for you.
  2. Infrared for remote control: As a regular traveler, having IR on my Android phones is both convenient and safer than using hotel remotes. I also love controlling my home TVs since my phone is always with me while remotes tend to get lost.
  3. MicroSD expansion card slot: Android and Windows Phone manufacturers now have microSD expansion card slots in many flagship devices and adding storage at very low prices is consumer-friendly and convenient. I don't expect Apple to add microSD, but it would at least be nice to see them reduce the high premium cost of additional storage and start all models at 32GB.
  4. Long-life battery: Android manufacturers have finally bumped up the capacities and improved the OS so that most flagships will last heavy users a full day. I have yet to be satisfied with an iPhone battery while Mophie and many other vendors probably hope for continued average battery life on the iPhone. Some rumors have the larger 5.5-inch iPhone with a massive battery so if that ends up being true then I may have to go with the larger iPhone.
  5. NFC: NFC is another great convenience I use for pairing gear, paying for items with Google Wallet, and tapping tags to quickly manage wireless radios and settings. I think Apple could bring a

No comments:

Post a Comment