Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Linux

I've been working on a couple of reviews on netbook computers and my research has led me to some interesting places. It turns out that netbook computers that are pre-loaded with Linux have a higher return rate than those loaded with WinDoze. What does this mean? Are Linux computers being sent back because they are slower, don't work well or something like that? Nope. They just look different. They were sent back because they weren't the same thing the buyer used before. I know MANY users that don't want their computers to look or act differently than they are used to. If anything is different then their computer doesn't work right. My wife sometimes complains that her computer doesn't work. That's the problem: my computer doesn't work. What is the real problem? Her WiFi connection to our LAN didn't connect when she logged on. To her it means her computer doesn't work. Do you think she'll be happy switching to Linux???

No comments:

Post a Comment