Monday, February 8, 2010

WikiReader

When I was at Lunch@Piero's during CES last month I spoke to the people from Openmoko about updating their WikiReader. Apparently, they listened!! This came across the wire this morning: Openmoko (Om) today announced the Spring 2010 update for WikiReader, the popular palm-sized electronic encyclopedia that displays the more than three million searchable English Wikipedia articles. The latest update features an improved on-screen keypad that makes finding Wikipedia entries easier and faster and makes enjoying one of the largest reference archives known to mankind even better. Responding to customer demand, Om also included math equations within the vast array of Wikipedia's more scientific articles. I'll be updating my WikiReader today at http://thewikireader.com/!

1 comment:

  1. The download was over 4GB, yep GB, and took quite a while to complete. I followed the procedures outlined on the web site and it went without incident. I now have an updated WikiPedia to carry around. Cool.

    ReplyDelete