Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Death of a Pentax W90 Camera


Two years ago we tested a truly wonderful camera, the Pentax W90. It is a waterproof, dustproof and shock resistant marvel. It passed all of our tests and ended up with as Highly Recommended. Apparently we made a big mistake by not having a 6 and ¾ year old boy test it!

I am on a long road trip and allowed my grandson to use the W90, after all it’s virtually indestructible. Or so I thought. He used it for over a week underwater, in a boat, in all kinds of circumstances and, as expected, it was perfect and took great pictures. All of that ended today. He fell down (he’s alright, I think he’s made of rubber) but he managed to break the LCD screen on the back and without an LCD the W90 is useless. Sigh.....

I guess it’s time to move up to a newer Pentax compact camera to use in harsh environments. They have always served me very, very well in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment