Monday, June 18, 2012

iFruit 8X10 View Camera


Way back in the days of film cameras, many pros used view cameras that took large pieces of sheet film to capture images. Personally, I had an ancient 8x10 camera (an Eastman from the late 1800s) but I used an adapter that allowed me to use 5X7 or 4X5 sheet film and Polaroid film backs. I also had more portable 4X5 cameras but seldom used them. They were all way too big and bulky and picture quality wasn’t any better than I got with a good quality 35mm camera.

Today we have a sort of equivalent, the 8X10 Tablet! I have come to expect snap-shooters to use their phones instead of point-and-shoot cameras but was surprised the first time I saw someone using a Tablet as a camera. No longer. Now I’m surprised when I don’t see someone at an event pull out a full size tablet and use it as a camera! Those same people probably have an equally good phone camera in their pocket or purse but for some reason feel the tablet is superior.

Thank you to all of the Tablet photographers out there, you always make me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment