Friday, March 9, 2012

Vacation camera survey

This summer I'll be taking a once in a life time trip and I'm looking for input. If you were taking a trip that you knew you would never repeat, what camera equipment would you carry?

Here's my background:
I've been on a dozen cruises
I've been to Europe many times
I've lived in Japan
I am a VERY experienced photographer (I got my first SLR in 1967)
I have a dozen dSLRs (I also have many 35mm cameras but I've ruled ALL of them out) and every possible lens: zoom, macro and telephoto

Here are my parameters:
It all has to fit in a compact bag with a computer of some kind (my second post request, still to come)
I need to cover everything from wide angle to ???
I'm old. It has to be light weight
I'll be on a ship so re-packing regularly isn't a concern

I'd like to know what others think so please let me know your thoughts. I'll tell you my thoughts later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment