Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Day From Hell

Yesterday was the day from Hell for me.

It started out fine, my daughter-in-law took me to TUS airport from Fort Huachuca, where they live. From there I flew backwards to LA, even though I was going east to Nashville. Oh well, it makes sense to someone. No problems on that flight, so far so  good.

That's when the problems started. Have you ever flown out of LA on Southwest? They have made multiple gates out of each existing gate ahd that means things are TIGHT! Oh well, I can live with that. Then pre-boarding started and the couple in front of me had a dog and at least 8 huge packages. What happened to the rule of one carry-on and one personal item? I asked the gate agent and he just mumbled something about they can take what they want. Why?

Then I got on the airplane, a full flight naturally. The person sitting next to me was a Mexican, female Sumo wrestler who wanted more room. My reply to her demand that I move my elbow was not well received. All I said was "it''s attached to my arm".

Eventually we got to BNA, it seemed like it took forever! And that's when it got worse! I got my baggage and looked for my ride, an InShuttle van to Clarksville. Nothing. I called their office and was told it would be hours before someone could pick me up. Did I want my money back? NO!!!!! I want to go home!

Eventually they won. I cancelled them out and got a hotel room for the night.

It was not a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment