Saturday, January 31, 2015

A. B. B.

We don't normally discuss sports in this blog but in honor of the Super Bowl we will today.

I'm in an A.B.B. mood for the weekend. What's that you ask? Anybody But Boston!

I have hated all sports teams from the Boston area since I was a child. It goes back to my parents. My father was an avid Yankees fan which meant, of course, he hated Boston. I inherited those genes.

The second Boston team hatred came about when I was a huge Wilt Chamberlain fan and his main rival was Bill Russell. Boo Russell, yeah Big Dipper.

Then there were the back-to-back Philly Flyers Stanley Cups with big wins against the stinkin' Bruins.

The icing on the cake was Donny Moore and my beloved Angels against the red sox in the MLB playoffs. One more strike and the Angels are in the series for the first time. Instead poor Lefty later killed himself because of the shame of losing to Boston.

As I said... ABB!! Go Seahawks!

1 comment: