Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Facebook security


The reports of Facebook security problems have always been taken seriously by me. Or so I thought. Last night I ran into multiple problems that came out of the blue because I was being unsafe.

Naturally I have always had all of the security features turned on for Facebook on the computers that I use. After all, who wants to be hacked? What I didn’t take into consideration is my wife’s computer! She is a typical user, she has no idea what she is doing when she is online!

Needless to say I found out that spammers were hacking her account to send out their crap. It took me a bit of time but I think the problems have been resolved.

Here’s the moral of this story: ALWAYS practice safe computing. If you don’t know exactly what you’re doing....... don’t do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment