Sunday, April 1, 2012

What I don't like about Android


I have been a very vocal fan of Android for a long time now. My Phablets are all Android and for the most part, I’m very happy with them all. There is one thing that really bothers me though, the incredibly inconsistent upgrade path.

Google will be bringing version 5 to the market some time late this year and version 4.0, also know as Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), has been out since late last year. Would you like to guess how many of the half dozen of so Phablets we have have upgraded to 4.0 already? None, that’s how many. Google leaves the upgrade path to the makers of the devices and doesn’t interfere with what versions are offered. Yesterday I received another Tablet to review and was disappointed to find Android 2.3 on it. Not ICS, not even 3.1 but 2.3. Come on people! Let’s get with it!

I don’t often have nice things to say about the iFruit company but at least all of their products use the latest version of iOS. I’m not sure how it can be done but I really wish manufacturers would get together and somehow or other start providing an upgrade path for Android Phablets!

No comments:

Post a Comment