Saturday, April 7, 2012

Google Chrome Browser


Until recently I was a devoted Firefox fan. However, Google’s Chrome browser has worked it’s way into my heart and it now is my favorite. I’m writing this post in Google Docs and will do a cut-and-paste tomorrow morning to post it in our blog. Why am I telling you this? Simple, because Chrome made it so easy to do!

I’m just starting the initial testing of a Sony VAIO S laptop and I was dreading having to do all of the initial startup stuff I have to do with any system before it becomes useful. The Sony came pre-loaded with Win7 Home and that meant the browser was IE9. Since I despise IE I needed to install a new browser. My first thought was Firefox but I decided to go with Chrome for this test. What a great decision it turned out to be!! I downloaded Chrome and answered the few questions the install asked.

What I ended up with, in mere minutes by the way, was the exact browser I have been using every single day on another computer. Every bookmark and all of my preferences were there in seconds. I merely clicked on my Google Docs bookmark and ended up where I always go to write blog articles. My email, address book, calendars, documents and browser settings were all there waiting for me.

Thanks to Google any computer or Phablet I use is linked together and all of my information is there for me. Thanks again Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment