Friday, April 27, 2012

Google Drive

 
Yesterday I received an invitation to use Google Drive from Google and decided to give it a shot. The first device I used to set up Drive was a Phablet and I was told I would receive an email on my Gmail account when the cloud based drive was ready to use. This morning, while waiting for a Doctor’s appointment I received the promised email and a link to the drive setup. I went ahead and did the Android install and it went perfectly.

If you haven’t heard of Google Drive yet, here’s the official pitch from Google:

Access everywhere.

Google Drive is everywhere you are—on the web, in your home, at the office and on the go. So wherever you are, your stuff is just...there. Ready to go, ready to share. Get started with 5 GB free.

Google Drive is available for:
  • PC and Mac
  • iPhone and iPad (coming soon)
  • Android devices

So far I’ve loaded it on an Android 3.2 Phablet and my WinV laptop. I’ll give it a serious workout and let everyone know what I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment