Monday, December 12, 2011

The "imperfect" Kindle Fire

I've been reading reviews online for the Kindle Fire and I'm amazed at some of the complaints I'm reading. The loudest complaints seem to be that the virtual audio controls take too many clicks to get to (there are no physical audio controls), there aren't any parental controls and there is no password required to use one-click buying from Amazon.

If these are the loudest complaints that Amazon is getting they should be very happy. Every one of them is really minor. I only use audio on my tablets when I'm actually listening to audio or watching a video so it's no problem to take a few seconds to get to the audio controls. As for parental controls, that can be a bit of a problem if you have young children who need to be protected. And for one-click not requiring a password, just turn off one-click! Sure you now have to click a few more times but it solves the problem.

Come on people, this is a less than $200 tablet that actually competes with devices that cost 3-4 times as much. You can't expect any product to be perfect, especially when you're buying one that is aimed at the low-cost market. Personally, I can work around annoyances when I save a heck of a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment