Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Now this is a funny idea

I received this in an email today and it made me laugh out loud:

Obama’s Economic Knowledge Summarised In Blank Book

An author has produced a book detailing everything he believes the President knows about the US economy - and it's entirely BLANK.

Jimmy Moncrief has become so frustrated with Obama’s economic policy he’s released the 200 page blank book which he says conclusively details the sum of the President’s economic knowledge.

Everything Obama Knows About The Economy’ has already sold hundreds of copies in its first few weeks and is expected to break into the thousands before Christmas.

Mr Moncrief says he has always been fascinated by the link between economics and politics ever since winning a stock market competition aged just 12. Now, nearly two decades later he has finally ‘penned’ his critique of the President’s handling of the US economy.

Jimmy says the time has come for Obama’s economic actions to be closely scrutinised. 

Mr Moncrief said: “I thought it only right that I should detail exactly what I believe the President does know about the economy in one concise book.

“I have a fundamental disagreement with Obama’s policy.  We’re faced with huge deficits and you do not solve anyone's problems by giving them more debt.  Similarly, you do not stimulate the economy by raising taxes.”

The publication is the first piece of work from the credit analyst, who admits whilst having always wanted to pen a classic, he never anticipated his first book would contain no words at all.

Mr Moncrief, from Chattanooga, says whilst the book carries a strong and simple political message his main aim is to get people laughing this Christmas.

He said: “I’m extremely proud of this book and after many years of contemplation I am delighted I finally put pen to paper – or not as the case may be.

“We all know we have problems with the economy and the way I see it you can either laugh or moan about it, I’m trying to do both at the same time and lighten the load a little.
“I'm not trying to be a political lightning rod, I'm just trying to get people to laugh and enjoy themselves.  I love showing the book to new people for the first time and it’s great to see their reactions.
“I've seen stoic older men end up laughing so hard they fell out of their chair and for me that’s what this is all about.”

Jimmy, 30, says the book has proven so popular he’s launched his own enterprise theblankbooks.com and plans are already in place for a follow up ‘What Sarah Palin Knows About Politics.’

Everything Obama Knows About The Economy is available from everythingobamaknowsabouttheeconomy.com and on Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment