Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3, 1981 and the PATCO Strike

By Chuck Hajdu

Today is August 3rd, one of the most significant days of the year for me. If you’re old enough to remember August 3, 1981 then you may remember it was the day that PATCO, the Air Traffic Controllers union, went on strike. It was significant for me because I was one of the controllers involved. No, I wasn’t fired and I didn’t break the law and go on strike.

It’s a long story and I won’t take up your time telling you my tale. Suffice it to say, I saw what was coming down the road and took job precautions to protect my family (and my retirement). It’s just another example of my ability see the obvious and take the appropriate action.

Make sure you read this blog every single day to see what incredibly perceptive insights I have to share with all of you.

1 comment:

  1. If anyone doesn't know this, PATCO was one of the traditional "union thug" organizations. The world was a better place when they were all fired.

    ReplyDelete