Tuesday, November 15, 2011

COMDEXvirtual 2011

I've been spending the afternoon at COMDEXvirtual 2011. Since it's all online I saved myself from having to fly to Las Vegas, spending nights in a hotel on the strip, going to parties and press events. Oh no, I love doing all of those things! Thank goodness CES is still live in January and I'll get to do all of the things I love to do.

Back to COMDEXvirtual. It's a microscopically small event with only about 20 vendors having a presence. That's a far cry from the number of vendors at CES or any of the other trade shows we attend during the year.

So far today I've "visited" Logitech, Microsoft, Dell, Corel and Symantec. I'll be hitting the other vendors this afternoon. Since this is a "cloud" event the vendors are showing appropriate products aimed at online users. MSFT is pushing Office 365 hard and making some offers for small businesses who lack IT departments. I tend to be very wary of having MSFT have complete control of my business data on their servers. Maybe I'm just paranoid about MSFT. After all I trust Google with much of my business data so why not MSFT? Maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment