Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where has the PDA gone?

I recently had a conversation with one of our writers about PDAs. It turns out she is a big fan of the old Pocket PC PDAs and was wondering out loud if anyone still makes that type of product. Since I am also a big fan of PDAs, I use an ancient Palm Tunsten every day, I was the logical person to talk to.

After much conversation we decided that there are probably still lots of companies making PDA products but doubted that there were any Pocket PCs being made. It became our mutual opinion that Smartphones had totally replaced PDAs for almost everyone that had used them in the past.

My Smartphones link to my Google calendar, my address book, my email and so much more. The Smartphones of today do everything PDAs did in the past and so much more. PDAs aren't dead and gone, they've grown up and become mature, adult Smartphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment