We received this press release today announcing a new free app for iPhones and Android phones and tablets.
TaxACT Central, the new companion mobile application for TaxACT users, is available for free download in the App Store℠ and Android™ Market. Compatible with iPhone®, iPod touch®, and Android devices, TaxACT Central provides on-the-go access to valuable time and money-saving information.
TaxACT Central can be used as a companion to the recently released Preview Versions of TaxACT 2011 Free Federal and Deluxe Editions.
"Whether you start your TaxACT return in October or April, TaxACT Central gives you mobile access to tax information that can be used throughout the year," said Lance Dunn, CEO of 2nd Story Software®.
TaxACT Central includes:
- An interactive tax return checklist with forms and information needed to prepare your taxes.
- A Help Center with free answers to common tax and technical questions
- 24/7 status of your federal and state returns after e-filing in TaxACT (the IRS will begin processing e-filed 2011 returns in January)
- Daily tax tips from America's all-time best selling tax guide, J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax Guide
- A federal tax calendar with key dates by month, fiscal year or taxpayer type
- The option to register for TaxACT Online 2011 Free Federal Edition or Deluxe (special Deluxe pricing plus free phone support for the 2011 tax season are being offered for a limited time)