Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kingsoft Android Office Suite


We finally found a full featured office suite for our Android devices! As most of our readers know we’ve been looking for a good office suite, especially a good word processor, for ages. We had settled on GoogleDocs several months ago and it has worked very well most of the time.

In January I spent a lot of time on airplanes and only had one flight that had in-flight WiFi. That forced me to use an app that would allow me to write when I wasn’t connected to the internet. The solution I found, ColorNote, worked but it was more of a note pad than a word processor.

I read a press release this week announcing the latest version of the Kingsoft Office Suites, their alternatives to MSFT Office. The last paragraph caught my eye because itr simply said they also have an Android 2.1+ version for Phablets.

I went to their web site, http://www.kingsoftstore.com/kingsoft-office-android.html, and read about the app. I then used the QR Code on the page to download the Office for Android Freeware 4.3.2 app to an Android Phablet. I did have to change permissions to allow third party apps to be installed for it to run but that was the only thing out of the ordinary.

I’ve only used Kingsoft Office for Android a few times so far but it’s everything I’d hoped for. I’ll let you know how it holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment