Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl tech ads

The Super Bowl football game is over and for once it really was a super game. It lived up to all the hype and more. But the bigger question is how were the commercials??? Over all I was disappointed. There was the usual glut of car, beer and soda ads but not as many techie ads as I'd hoped.

Verizon had a few boring ads and there were some good phone ads. My favorite was the Samsung Galaxy Note ad that had a great way of showing how useful a stylus can be. It said the stylus was going to be the next big thing but we'll have to wait and see about that. The younger users are two-thumbers and a stylus would slow them down.

Go Daddy had two ads and, as expected, they were totally sexist. The only positive thing I can say is that Danica Patrick really is beautiful! Other than that they were a waste of time.

The GE Works ad was not very inspirational (as they thought it would be) but it also wasn't offensive. I'll give a passing grade but no more.

Speaking of offensive!!!! The TaxAct ad grossed me out! Come on people, what the bleep does a little boy peeing in a swimming pool have to do with taxes? Gimme a break!

And I need to make a brief comment on the Fiat (as in Fix It Again Tony) 500 ad. It's a terrible car but, my oh my, was the commercial sexy. They may well sell some cars to 20 something men after they saw that ad! And that's what you want a super bowl ad to do, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment