Saturday, January 14, 2012

CES 2012 - What did I like?

By Chuck Hajdu

The one question everyone who attends CES gets asked every day is: what did you like? It seems that everyone wants to know what is interesting and new. Usually I have an answer but this year I was baffled. Why, you ask? Simple, I didn’t see anything interesting and new.

Virtually every product I saw was just a revision of existing products. It was, quite literally, just more of the same. More Smartphones, more Tablets, more Netbooks (now called Ultrabooks), more TVs, etc., etc.

I’m beginning to really doubt the value of CES as a way to see what is really going to be “the next big thing”. It has become more of a showroom for products that vendors MAY actually produce if there is enough interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment