Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pentax/Ricoh meeting

This afternoon I had my annual meeting with Pentax to see what they have planned for the next year. I'm under an NDA so all I can say is that there are some VERY exciting new products coming in 2012. Keep watching this blog because I'll be posting information as I'm allowed to.

I was pleasantly surprised to have a meeting with Ricoh right after the Pentax meeting. If you didn't know yet, Ricoh bought Pentax from Hoya late in 2011 and so far both side seem very pleased with the deal. Both companies are committed to making the best possible photography products and this could make everyone happy.

Stephanie Covello of Ricoh, and a fellow Calabrian, gave me a great briefing on their products, including the awesome GXR Interchangeable Unit Digital Camera System. I knew very little about the GXR system ans was amazed by it. Think of it as a kinda-sorta dSLR but you don't just change lenses, you change a body/lens module. We're really looking forward to reviewing once CES is over.

One of the GXR module does take interchangeable Leica bayonet mount lenses and it's definitely my favorite. It will be fun to watch where the Pentax/Ricoh marriage goes. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment