By Chuck Hajdu
Pentax has just announced their newest ultra-zoom camera. Here’s the press release:
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION announced the Optio VS20 digital compact camera today. This versatile model features a high-power 20X optical zoom lens (28-560mm equivalent) and a second vertical shutter-release button with zoom lever for effortless portrait oriented shooting. A vertical shutter release and zoom lever give the Optio VS20 a unique feature typically found on DSLR cameras, which lends itself to added stability at long optical zooms, as well as comfortable grip for such images as portraits, high rise buildings and architecture, monuments, trees, sports action, and panorama frames. The Optio VS20 even includes a vertical tripod socket for outstanding stabilized vertical support. A new Handheld Night Snap mode also is introduced to capture beautiful images with minimal blur and noise even in low light settings.
The Optio VS20 body is built in a compact digital form factor, and offers several other advanced functions and user-friendly features including:
· A 16.0 megapixel CCD sensor with mechanical sensor shift Shake Reduction for stabilized, blur-free images even in low lighting
· A large 3.0 inch, wide view (approx. 170 degrees) LCD for easy image capture and review
· Auto Picture mode that automatically chooses the best camera settings
· Triple Shake Reduction (SR) for sharp, blur-free images and video
· Other new scene modes including Fish-eye, Sketch modes and a Stretch filter for more creative options
The PENTAX Optio VS20 will be available in noble black and brilliant white on www.pentaxwebstore.com for $249.95 in February 2012.