Wednesday, October 12, 2011

iOS5 upgrade

I've been reading about the new upgrade from the iFruit company for their iPhones, iPads and iPods, the iOS5 and I'm not impressed. But then again very little they do really impresses me, with the exception of their brilliant marketing.

iOS5 seems like it will be an attempt to catch up to where Android already is. Most of the new "innovative" features are things I've been doing on Android phones and tablets for ages. At least the iFruit company is making a real effort to catch up with their competitors. Unlike MSFT who keeps drifting along, falling farther and farther behind.

If you're an iFruit user then it sounds like iOS5 will be a worthwhile upgrade. The upgrade procedure is far more complicated than the Android upgrade system but maybe the iFruit company will follow the Android lead once again and change that for iOS6.

1 comment:

  1. From what I'm reading online the upgrade is going badly for many of you!! No surprise to me!

    ReplyDelete