Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Presto printer for everyone from HP

A short time ago I had a post about the Presto print service that I had signed up for so my parents could receive pictures of their great-grandkids. My mother was very happy with it and I was willing to keep them supplied with ink and paper. At almost $15 a month it wasn't cheap but it made her happy so I was willing to pay it.

Now HP is taking the service to a new level. Instead of using a a specific printer that stands alone without a PC attached, the new service will monitor your ink supply and ship you ink when you're low. At $10 a month the Instant Ink service isn't cheap but I guess it's convenient.

But wait!!!! That's not all. The new service will also allow you to subscribe to Conde Nast who will send you unsolicited magazine pages when they want to. Hmmmm, how much ink will that use up? Talk about a license to print money!

I'm sorry HP but this doesn't sound like a good deal to me. I'll stick with Lexmark printers. They are MUCH more cost effective and provide incredible printer versatility.

No comments:

Post a Comment