Thursday, October 13, 2011

No Computer Viruses!


No Computer Viruses!
No anti- virus software needed.
By J Lynn

I received this book to review recently and it’s a bit different from most of the technical books I’ve been asked to review. Why is that?  Simple, it’s not very technical at all! It’s also the only book I recall reading that doesn’t have page numbers so I can’t tell you how many pages it has (unless I count them manually).

The concept of the book is telling readers how they can avoid getting computer viruses. Naturally, the focus is on the evils of MSFT and their Windows software. I have always been a strong anti-MSFT advocate and this book is right up my alley.

The author, J Lynn (note there is no period after the J so it isn’t an initial, it’s a name), makes an interesting case for Linux as the preferred No Computer Viruses! operating system and I can’t argue with that. I totally support his/her advocacy of Ubuntu Linux as a great alternative to MSFT OSs.

The most useful part of the book is the well illustrated how-to instructions for upgrading your computer to a non-MSFT OS. Most non-geeks are afraid to get involved with the nitty-gritty of operating systems and this book is a good way of getting them involved.

Personally, I’m looking forward to the day when we no longer care about an operating system. Computers will be like toasters or TVs and everything just works.

ISBN: 978-1-466-27407-5
Availlable on Amazon.com
http://www.noantivirusneeded.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment