Monday, October 10, 2011

iPhone 4S

Well, the iFruit company did it again. They have their fan base so psyched that the new iPhone 4S just set a pre-order sales record. Over 1 million iPhone 4S phones have been per-ordered blowing the old record away.

I must admit that I am baffled by this phenomenon. Why do over 1,000,000 people feel that they MUST have the new iPhone immediately? Is it that much better than the phone they have today? Probably not, but that doesn't matter. They have the "new phone" fever and there's no known cure.

I'm reminded of the days long ago when people would line up at mid-night at CompUSA for the new version of WinDoze. Why did they do it? For exactly the same reason, they had to have the "upgrade" first.  I don't get it.

The iFruit company's stock is soaring again and that's good for the company. After the loss of Steve Jobs it's good to see them doing well.

Of course MSFT is still in the doldrums and things continue to look dim for them. They have completely lost their mojo  and I think they have no idea how to turn things around. Do you think anyone will be standing in line to buy Win8 next year? I don't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment